Healthcare M&A Watch 2015 Q2 report
This report series covers trending and analysis of U.S. mergers and acquisitions among providers, payers, vendors and pharma/life sciences sectors of the healthcare industry. The Q1 2015 report covers April, May and June 2015 disclosed deal information by sector and region. Published July 20, 2015.
|HEALTHCARE M&A WATCH 2015 Q2 REPORT
PDF file download.
The Q2 2015 report is part two in a four-part quarterly series. It is an in-depth look at the deal activity of mergers and acquisitions in the U.S.
This 16-page report features more than 21 data charts along with the invaluable insight that you will take away:
Q2 2015 highlights include:
- Understand the M&A landscape and implications to consider
- See trends and impact of deal activity among the different sectors in healthcare
- Strategies for your organization's next deal
- Identify target markets where the most deals are happening
- The total value of pending and concluded mergers and acquisitions rose to $176.4 billion in Q2 2015, up from $97.9 billion in Q1 2015, and also surpassing Q4 2014ís $118.7 billion
- Three of the top five deals in Q2 2015 involved Pharma, biotech and life sciences firms. The biggest: Tevaís $40 billion acquisition of Mylan. but the largest came from the insurance sector, and was Anthemís $53.8 billion acquisition attempt for Cigna.
- Pending and completed deal value in the provider sector was $23.1 billion in Q2 2015, rising 28.3% from Q1 2015.
- Deal volume rose, with 314 deals in Q2 2015 compared with 294 deals in Q1 2015 and 279 deals in Q4 2014.
This Modern Healthcare Data Center product is free to Premium Web subscribers or can be purchased for $59. To become a Premium Web subscriber, visit our
subscription page at modernhealthcare.com/subscriptions.
Return to products