*New for 2023: we will now be accepting nominations for the most innovative organizations! Read more below:
2022 • 2021 • 2020 • 2019
The Top Innovators awards & recognition program recognizes leaders who are instituting innovation and leading transformative programs that improve care by achieving measurable results and contributing to the clinical and financial goals of their organization.
Successful innovation in healthcare requires great teams and organizations that can move a good idea from a whiteboard, through product development, testing and marketing, to introduction and success. The best ideas address untapped needs or find new ways of tackling longtime challenges – benefiting the consumer, the care teams and the organizations involved. Profitability also needs to be a goal.
This year, as part of our annual program recognizing top innovations, we are accepting nominations for the most innovative organizations. Nominations should include a description of how a team or organization came together to be innovative, if there was a particular project involved and the quantifiable clinical/financial results.
- Open to a director or above in a provider organization (hospital, health system, clinic or physician group) or insurer. We realize that organizations have varying title structures. Please use this as a guide when determining if your candidate qualifies.
- Researchers and public policy officials are eligible, but nominations must reflect real-world impact of their work.
- Suppliers/vendors are eligible.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- May 8, 2023 - Nominations Open
- July 17, 2023 - Nominations close at 11:59 PM PT (there will not be an extension)
- September 16, 2023 - Honorees published online
Nominations will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Specific initiatives the nominee has launched to address a community health need, streamline consumer or patient access to services, boost organizational quality of safety metrics or improve the organization's financial performance
- Specific steps the nominee has taken to advance a culture of innovation at their organization, or across the healthcare industry as a whole
All nominations must be submitted online by the deadline. Answers to each question are limited to 300 words.
A current resume and headshot are required for submission.
Supporting documents are encouraged but not required. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc.
To submit a name for consideration, there is a nomination fee of $150, which must be paid upon submission. Your candidate will be presented to our panel of judges and the top editors of Modern Healthcare for consideration. Payment does not guarantee inclusion in this honor roll. Multiple nominations for one individual do not influence the process in any way.
Interested in advertising in Modern Healthcare’s Top Innovators published issue? Please contact your Modern Healthcare Account Executive at 312.649.5311 to learn more.
If you have any questions about the program, including the criteria, nomination and selection process, or deadline, please contact [email protected].