The Top Diversity Leaders in Healthcare recognition program takes great pride in honoring the top diverse healthcare executives and organizations influencing the policy and care delivery models across the country. In doing so, they are also highlighting the continued need to nurture diversity in their organizations.
Top Diversity Leaders is sponsored by:
Nominees for the individual award must be a person of color, which includes being Black/African-American, American Indian, Asian, Latino/Latina/Latinx, Pacific Islander, or multiracial and/or self-identify as LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning or other underrepresented sexual orientation or gender identity).
Nominees for the individual award must hold a senior executive title or higher (exceptions are made for government/public officials and have at least 10 years of experience implementing strategies and practices to promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
Nominations are accepted from all industry sectors, including hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, insurance, government, vendors and supplier organizations, and patients’ rights groups.
Criteria for Individual Award
Those completing the submission form must answer the following questions about the nominee:
- Describe specific actions the nominee has taken to promote diversity, equity and inclusion within their organization and/or across the broader healthcare industry. This can include but is not limited to building a more diverse C-suite and workforce, serving as a mentor, and advocating for DEI within their organization.
- Describe specific DEI-focused initiatives the nominee has led as part of the organization’s broader strategic plan. This can include but is not limited to addressing health equity and population health management.
- Describe how the nominee’s efforts on DEI have contributed to the organization achieving financial, operation goals.
Criteria for Organizational Award
- Describe specific initiatives the organization has in place to promote diversity, equity and inclusion within its leadership ranks and overall workforce. Provide any available data.
- Describe specific initiatives the organization has in place to address diversity, equity and inclusion as a part of its strategic plan/mission. Provide data related to addressing such things as health equity and population health management.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- May 3, 2021 - Nominations open
- July 19, 2021 - Nominations close at 11:59 PM PT (there will not be an extension)
- September 20, 2021 - Honorees published in MH magazine and online
- December 2021 - Modern Healthcare will host a gala to recognize this year's honorees
Current, high-resolution headshot of the nominee. Photos should be 300 dpi and at least 5x7.
High-resolution environmental or portrait-style photograph of the nominee. Photos should be 300 dpi and at least 5x7.
Supporting documents are not required, however they are encouraged to be submitted. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc. A current resume and head shot is required for submission.
To submit an individual and/or organization for consideration, there is a fee of $100 per nomination which must be paid upon submission. Your individual and/or organization submission will be presented to our panel of judges and the top editors of Modern Healthcare for consideration. Payment does not guarantee inclusion in this honor roll. Multiple nominations for one individual/organization does not influence the process in any way.
To address questions, technical issues with the submission form or payment process, please contact Jodi Sniegocki.