Modern Healthcare’s Top Women Leaders program honors female executives from all sectors of the healthcare system. These high achievers are developing policy, leading change, and guiding healthcare delivery improvement across the country. The program recognizes women in a variety of leadership roles, spotlighting their administrative and professional accomplishments.
Top Women Leaders is sponsored by:
We accept nominations for this annual program from all industry sectors, including hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, insurance, government, vendors and supplier organizations, and patients’ rights groups. If you know of a woman whose leadership in the healthcare industry distinguished her for this honor, please nominate her for recognition as one of the Top 25 Women Leaders for 2022. Modern Healthcare will review for eligibility based on the following criteria:
- Currently serves in a role that is senior vice president or higher
- Must work at a physician organization, hospital, insurer, home health organization, government, research organization, vendor, or supplier organization
- Has a proven track record in promoting gender equity in the C-suite, such as hiring/promoting female leaders or serving as a reference for candidates for leadership positions
- Serves as a mentor to the next generation of leaders
- Demonstrated significant achievements in helping their organization exceed strategic/financial/clinical goals
Key Dates & Deadlines
- October 4, 2021 - Nominations open
- December 7, 2021 - Nominations close at 11:59 PM PT (there will not be an extension)
- February 21, 2022 - Honorees published in Modern Healthcare
- July 14, 2022 - Top Women Leaders Celebration in conjunction with the Women Leaders in Healthcare Conference
Modern Healthcare will also recognize Luminaries and Women Leaders to Watch. The nomination process is the same as above but will allow for Modern Healthcare to honor additional high-achievers in the field at all stages of their careers holding managerial/executive-level positions. Nominators do not select these sub-categories in the submission process.
A current resume and headshot are required for submission.
Supporting documents are not required, however, they are encouraged. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc.
To submit a name for consideration, there is a nomination fee of $100, which must be paid upon submission. Your candidate will be presented to our panel of judges and the top editors of Modern Healthcare for consideration. Payment does not guarantee inclusion in this honor roll. Multiple nominations for one individual do not influence the process in any way.
To address questions, technical issues with the submission form, or payment process, please contact [email protected].