The Top 25 Innovators awards & recognition program recognizes leaders who are instituting innovation and leading transformative programs that improve care by achieving measurable results and contributing to the clinical and financial goals of their organization.
- Open to director or above in a provider organization (hospital, health system, clinic or physician group) or insurer
- Researchers and public policy officials are eligible, but nominations must reflect real-world impact of their work
- This year's program will be open to healthcare supplier/vendor nominations
Key Dates & Deadlines
- March 23, 2020 - Nominations open
- Deadline extended! June 15, 2020 - Nominations closes
- June 17, 2020 - Judging begins
- The publish date for this issue has been adjusted! August 24, 2020 - Honorees published in Modern Healthcare magazine
Nominations should be submitted under one of the following categories. You may nominate for more than one category - separate nomination forms required for each.
Categories for Nomination
- Please describe the initiative the nominee has taken to address a community health need that previously lacked organizational attention/resources? (Hospital nominations should be tied to gaps identified in most recent community needs assessment.)
- What measurable and sustained results have been achieved over the last two years in improving health outcomes for the specific population?
- What partnerships has the nominee developed with community organizations to achieve these goals?
- What consumer/patient-centered technology or program has the nominee implemented?
- What are the organization’s measurable gains in such areas as patient access to care or use of online tools?
Quality and safety
- Please describe the initiative the nominee has taken that addresses one or more of the Institute of Medicine’s six domains of healthcare: safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable.
- What measurable and sustained improvements have been achieved over the past two or more years in CMS core quality measures and/or reduction in patient harm?
- Please describe the initiative the nominee has taken to improve the organization’s financial position by identifying opportunities for cost reductions and/or improved efficiencies. Initiative cannot have had a negative impact on access or quality of care or be solely/primarily built around workforce reductions.
- How has the implemented program improved quality and/or financial performance for the organization?
Nominations will be accepted for the next class of innovators in the spring of 2020.
A current resume and head shot is required for submission.
Supporting documents are not required, however they are encouraged to be submitted. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc.
To submit a name for consideration, there is a nomination fee of $100, which must be paid upon submission. Your candidate will be presented to our panel of judges and the top editors of Modern Healthcare for consideration, however we cannot promise that your candidate will automatically make this honor roll. Please note that multiple nominations for one individual does not influence the process in any way.
Interested in advertising in Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Innovators published issue? Please contact your Modern Healthcare Account Executive at 312.649.5311 to learn more.
If you have any questions about the program, including the criteria, nomination and selection process, or deadline, please contact Jodi Sniegocki.