The Health Care Hall of Fame award is one of healthcare industry’s most prestigious honors. A partnership between Modern Healthcare and the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), the program was created to recognize the men and women who have made extraordinary strides, outstanding and lasting contributions to the healthcare industry.
Each year, two or three healthcare luminaries are inducted into the Modern Healthcare Hall of Fame. Since 1988, one hundred eleven (111) healthcare visionaries, original thinkers and leaders have been honored with this coveted distinction. A plaque to commemorate the honor is installed in the Health Care Hall of Fame, prominently displayed at Pennsylvania Hospital, the nation’s first hospital founded by Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Bond.
- Nominee is no longer working in the healthcare industry or a profession allied to the healthcare industry for at least 2 years
- Nominee is not employed by or under contract with Modern Healthcare
- Nominee has not been nominated more than three times for induction into the Health Care Hall of Fame
- Nominations will be considered for up to three years
Key Dates & Deadlines
- Nomination period opens - November 9, 2020
- Nomination period closes - January 12, 2021
- Honoree(s) published online and in print - March 22, 2021
- Successfully led one or more organizations in the healthcare industry or a profession allied to the healthcare industry (e.g., provider, supplier, academia, association, etc.)
- Made a lasting contribution to the healthcare industry and/or the patients served by the healthcare industry
- Made numerous significant contributions to the healthcare field at the local, state, and national levels. Contributions must be extraordinary or far exceed the expectations for someone in the candidate's position
- Assumed a leadership position in the healthcare industry outside of the candidate's own organization or company
- Demonstrated a willingness to share his or her expertise with others in the healthcare industry
- Served as a role model or mentor to others in the healthcare industry
- Showed the ability or influence to effect change in the healthcare industry
To nominate, please email Jodi Sniegocki all required materials as listed below.
If you prefer to send hard copies of your nomination documents, please mail them to the following address:
Modern Healthcare Health Care Hall of Fame
c/o Jodi Sniegocki, Director of Education and Events
150 N. Michigan Avenue, 17th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Please email Jodi Sniegocki or mail hard copies to the address mentioned above:
- CV or resume of the nominee
- No more than 1,000 words detailing why the candidate meets the requirements for induction consideration
- Optional: Additional documentation demonstrating the candidate’s successes in the healthcare industry. – Up to 10 pages and/or file size no bigger than 25 MB Additional documentation may include:
- PR/Media articles or clips
- Recommendation letter(s) from previous employers, co-workers, and/or colleagues
- Other nominee background information
There is no applicable fee to nominate for this recognition program.
In partnership with the American College of Executives (ACHE), Modern Healthcare hosts an awards gala for the Health Care Hall of Fame inductees each year.
Interested in sponsoring the industry’s most prestigious recognition program? Please contact your Modern Healthcare Account Executive at 312.649.5311 to learn more.
If you have any questions about the program, including the selection process, criteria or deadline, please contact Jodi Sniegocki.