Modern Healthcare is excited to introduce the Excellence in Governance awards program, which recognizes healthcare organization board members who are fostering advancement in culture, mission and performance.
Submit your nominations for individuals whom you believe deserve recognition for their contributions as board members and their influence on diversity and equity, strategy, innovation and shareholder value.
Nominations are open for board members throughout all sectors of the healthcare industry, and nominees need not have a healthcare background themselves to be eligible.
- A member of the board of directors of one or more healthcare organizations (all sectors of the healthcare industry eligible). Having a healthcare background is not a requirement.
- Makes significant impact on the organization’s culture, strategic focus, effectiveness, and financial sustainability
- Successfully serves as ambassador and advocate to advance the organization mission
- Demonstrates outstanding and innovative leadership and ability to influence/affect change
- Has a proven track record in promoting gender and racial equity, such as voting/adding female and diverse leaders to the board and other leadership positions
- Embodies the ideal, high-functioning board member (Duty of loyalty; Respect of culture and candor; Respects difference between governance and management)
- Successfully built and sustains a high-performing board (for board chairs only)
Key Dates & Deadlines
- March 6, 2023 - Nominations open
- May 15, 2023 - Nominations close at 11:59 PM PT
- July 17, 2023 - Honorees published in print and online
Nominations will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- How does the nominee foster and guide the organization in long-term strategy, growth, profitability, innovation and navigating significant change or transition? And if applicable, what is the nominee’s track record for improving shareholder value?
- What is the nominee’s performance history in enabling and advancing the organization’s culture, integrity and reputation?
- How does the nominee embrace ESG (Environmental, social and governance), diversity and drive a collective effort around inclusion in the organization?
- In what ways does the nominee act as an ambassador and advocate for the organization to advance its mission, vision and values in order to improve care quality, access and outcomes?
- How does the nominee show board leadership through demonstrating high ethical standards, gaining trust and exerting influence over peers?
Submit your nomination online.
A current resume/CV/bio and head shot is required for submission.
Supporting documents are not required, however they are encouraged to be submitted. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc.
To submit a name for consideration, there is a nomination fee of $150, which must be paid upon submission. Your candidate will be presented to our panel of judges and the top editors of Modern Healthcare for consideration. Payment does not guarantee inclusion in this honor roll. Multiple nominations for one individual does not influence the process in any way.
Interested in sponsoring this award program or advertising in the published issue? Please contact your Modern Healthcare Account Executive at 312.649.5311 to learn more.
If you have any questions about the program, including the criteria, nomination and selection process, or deadline, please contact [email protected].