The 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare awards and recognition program honors individuals in healthcare who are deemed by their peers and the senior editors of Modern Healthcare to be the most influential individuals in the industry, in terms of leadership and impact. This program allows for readers to vote for their top choices and selected honorees will be published in Modern Healthcare's annual ranking.
Entries are accepted from all sectors of the healthcare industry for senior-level executives; high-level government administrators and executives; elected officials; academics and thought-leaders.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- June 28, 2021 - Nominations open
- September 6, 2021 - Nominations close at 11:59 PM PT (there will not be an extension)
- September 14 - October 12, 2021 - Reader voting
- December 20, 2021 - Honorees published in print and online
To submit a nomination, complete the online application which consists of three business-related questions.
- Describe specific actions the nominee took this year to help the organization meet clinical, operational and financial goals, as well as overcome challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Describe specific steps the nominee has taken to establish or contribute to a culture of innovation and transformation, including diversity, equity and inclusion within their organization and/or the industry.
- Describe how the nominee has been engaged in shaping health policy at a local or national level.
A ballot comprising 300 names will be posted for voting shortly after the nomination period closes. Modern Healthcare’s senior editors will make final determinations on the ballot. Judging for the final ranking of the 100 Most Influential will be based on readers’ votes as well as input from the senior editors of Modern Healthcare.
A current resume and head shot is required for submission in addition to answering the three business-related questions.
Supporting documents are not required, however they are encouraged to be submitted. Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded to the online application. Supporting documents may consist of letters of recommendation, articles in which the nominee has been featured, etc.
There is no application fee for this program.
Interested in advertising in the honorees' published issue? Please contact your Modern Healthcare Account Executive at 312.649.5311 to learn more.