Uninsured residents by state: 2020
A list of all 50 states and District of Columbia ranked by percentage of population not covered by health insurance as of January 1, 2018. Source: U.S. Census Bureau, "Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2018." Published May 4, 2020, p. 29.
50states + D.C.
5fields of data
This list includes the following data points:
- Number of uninsured residents, 2018
- Percentage of population uninsured, 2018
- Percentage of population uninsured, 2017
- 2017-18 percent-point change
- Medicaid expansion status
This Modern Healthcare Data Center product is free to Premium Web subscribers or can be purchased for $19.95. To become a Premium Web subscriber, visit our subscription page at modernhealthcare.com/subscribe.