Full survey results data from 52 of the nation's largest hospital and healthcare systems.
This download includes:
-An excel spreadsheet containing all data collected from systems that responded to Modern Healthcare's 2019 Hospital Systems Survey (listed alphabetically)
-A PDF of the full hospital systems report by Tara Bannow, including seven financial rankings of the following system types:
- Largest healthcare systems
- Largest not-for-profit healthcare systems
- Largest for-profit healthcare systems
- Largest public health systems
- Largest secular not-for-profit health systems
- Largest Catholic Church-affiliated health systems
- Largest religious non-Catholic not-for-profit health systems
All financial information in these rankings can be found in our premium searchable financial databases available here.
Some of the data points and questions answered provided in the survey results excel sheet are:
- System name
- Headquarters city, state
- Type of ownership
- Total state count
- Total acute-care hospitals, 2018 and 2017
- Total acute-care hospital staffed beds, 2018 and 2017
- Number of physicians employed at year-end Fiscal 2018 and 2017
- What organizations does the company contract with as an ACO?
- Which type of risk-based contracts does the system engage in?
- What is the percentage of net patient revenue that is generated as part of risk-based contracts?
- Did the system achieve a surplus or loss on that risk-based volume in 2018?
- Did your system own all or part of an insurance company in 2018?
- How many covered lives did your insurance arm manage in 2018?
- Who is your primary EHR vendor?
- Do you have a foundation? What are it's net assets?
- Do you invest in hedge funds, venture capital or private equity?
- What are the values of each of those investments?
- What is your system's relationship with GPOs?
- Specify the GPOs that you work with.
With several more questions and responses included as well.
Source: Modern Healthcare's 43rd annual Hospital Systems Survey. Published July 15, 2019.
This Modern Healthcare Data Center product is free to Premium Web subscribers or can be purchased for $249. To become a Premium Web subscriber, visit our subscription page at modernhealthcare.com/subscribe.