The Hospital Systems list was published on Jul. 19, 2021. The full Excel version includes 42 companies and may include additional data. This survey is published in conjunction with the full report by Alex Kacik, "Buyer's market: Physicians are weighing the best pitch."
The spread includes responses to questions from 42 health systems, including, but not limited to, the following:
- System name, headquarters, contact information
- Type of ownership
- Operating revenue: fiscal 2020, 2019
- Number of states operating in
- Non-U.S. operations and their locations
- Total acute-care hospitals, fiscal 2020 and 2019
- Total staffed, acute-care beds, fiscal 2020 and 2019
- Total physicians employed at fiscal year-end, 2020 and 2019
- Which type of risk-based contracts does the system engage in?
- What was the percentage of net patient revenue generated as part of risk-based contracts in fiscal 2020?
- Did the system achieve a surplus or loss on that risk-based volume in 2020? Please specify the amount.
- How many lives are covered by risk-based contracts are Medicare lives?
- How many lives are covered by risk-based contracts are covered by commercial insurers?
- How many covered lives did your insurance arm manage in 2020?
Source: Modern Healthcare's 44th annual Hospital Systems Survey. Published July 19, 2021.
This Modern Healthcare Data Center product is free to Premium Web subscribers or can be purchased for $199.
The content you have requested requires a Premium Subscription.
Become a member > SUBSCRIBE NOW