*NOTE: Crain's Data Membership is now required to access the lists.
The largest executive search firms were published online on Aug. 2, 2021 issue. We offer an Excel format which includes the largest 24, plus extra information.
This list includes the following data points:
- Company name
- Type of search
- Net revenue
- No. recruiters, 2020
- No. senior level placements, 2020
Note: Information is self reported from companies that participated in Modern Healthcare's 2021 Executive Search Firms Survey. Companies that did not participate in this survey are not considered for this ranking.
The content you have requested requires a Premium Subscription.
Become a member > SUBSCRIBE NOW
Fields in this list
- Company name
- Street address
- Corporate E-mail
- Year Founded
- Type of Health Organization
- Ownership Type
- Which best describes the type of search the company conducts?
- Parent Company
- Top Executive(s)
- 1. Please list the number of U.S. offices operated during 2020
- 2. How many states did the company conduct searches for candidates in 2020?
- 3. Please list the company's U.S. NET REVENUE from all healthcare-related fees in 2020 (Please write the number out and do not abbreviate. Example
- 4. Please list the TOTAL number of U.S. recruiters who spent at least 50% of their time making healthcare placements employed in 2020
- Number of those recruiters included in total that are dedicated to providers (non-payers)
- 5. Please list the TOTAL number of U.S. placements for senior-level healthcare executives (non-clinician senior vice president titles and above) made by the company in 2020
- Number of those placements included in total that are dedicated to providers (non-payers)
- 6. Is demand increasing for CEOs who are also clinicians? Why/why not?
- 8. Does your firm place executives with organizations that tie compensation to company performance?
- 9. Compensation packages for your company are most likely to include
- 12. What are some specific challenges of matching an executive with an organization that you see more now than in previous years?
- 13. Has the average tenure of top executives changed in recent years?
- 14. How much and for any specific roles?
- 16. Are there any titles not listed above that you see a growing demand for in searches?
- 17. Are there any new titles you have learned about that are becoming a part of searches?