Modern Healthcare's 115th Congress on the State of Healthcare is a featured collection of commentaries from lawmakers and healthcare organization leaders.
Included in this collection of Congressional commentaries are six editorials from U.S. Senators and eight House Representatives across both party lines.
1. Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.): Increasing funding to improve behavioral health
2. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.): States and Congress need to battle opioids together
3. Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.): We're working on lowering prices for patients
4. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.): Opioid epidemic poses unique challenges for rural providers
5. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.): 'Choose Medicare' should be an option for all Americans
6. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.): Association health plans open new coverage options
House of Representatives:
1. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.): One thing President Trump must do to protect coverage
2. Rep. Ben Ray Lujan (D-N.M.): Medicaid buy-in would offer an attractive insurance option
3. Rep. Doris Matsui (D-Calif.): Let's take additional steps to destigmatize addiction
4. Rep. Scott Peters (D-Calif.): Bipartisan process needed to fix insurance markets
5. Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.): Lawmakers need to fulfill their role as problem-solvers
6. Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.): Modernize the Stark law to reflect changing times
7. Rep. Raul Ruiz (D-Calif.): Outdated infrastructure, policies hindering telehealth
8. Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.): Cures Act is delivering on promises to advance research
Get the entire The 115th Congress on the State of Healthcare collection.