Chief operating officers in healthcare have a broad and diverse set of responsibilities. They have to keep an eye on their organization's mission and margin while also ensuring top results in quality, safety and efficiency.
To recognize the critical and increasingly demanding role these executives play—they're often the second in command at their institutions—Modern Healthcare is launching a new awards program, the Top 25 COOs in Healthcare. And we're now accepting nominations for this inaugural roster of high-achieving leaders.
The COOs nominated for this recognition program can come from any sector of the healthcare industry, but must have been in their current role for at least a full year. The COOs cannot be self-nominated.
Criteria for the evaluation of nominees include:
- The scope of duties within the COO's organization, including financial and interdepartmental operational responsibilities.
- How the nominee has moved the strategies of the organization forward.
- How the nominee has established synergies and collaboration across multiple departments and programs within the organization as well as in the community.
- How the nominee has worked to establish a culture of innovation and transformation.
- How the organization has experienced improvements in the patient experience as well as staff satisfaction during the COO's tenure.
Nominations will be accepted through March 24--a new, extended deadline. The list of this year's Top 25 COOs in Healthcare will be published in the May 8 issue and online. For more information on the criteria and to submit nominations, please visit ModernHealthcare.com/Top25COOs.