To select Modern Healthcare's seventh biennial list of the Top 25 Women in Healthcare, sponsored by Furst Group and NuBrick Partners, the magazine issued a call for nominations on Oct. 31, 2016. Through Dec. 23, readers submitted more than 150 nominations. Modern Healthcare accepted nominees from all sectors of the industry.
An editorial review board made up of the senior editors at Modern Healthcare reviewed the nominations and judged the candidates on the following criteria:
• Successfully served as a leader of or managed an organization or company
• Showed the ability or power to effect change in the healthcare industry
• Demonstrated a willingness to share expertise with others in the field
• Served as a role model or mentor to other female healthcare executives
• Assumed a leadership role in the industry outside of the candidate's own organization or company