To select Modern Healthcare's seventh biennial list of the Top 25 Women in Healthcare, sponsored by Furst Group and NuBrick Partners, the magazine issued a call for nominations on Oct. 31, 2016. Through Dec. 23, readers submitted more than 150 nominations. Modern Healthcare accepted nominees from all sectors of the industry.
An editorial review board made up of the senior editors at Modern Healthcare reviewed the nominations and judged the candidates on the following criteria:
• Successfully served as a leader of or managed an organization or company
• Showed the ability or power to effect change in the healthcare industry
• Demonstrated a willingness to share expertise with others in the field
• Served as a role model or mentor to other female healthcare executives
• Assumed a leadership role in the industry outside of the candidate's own organization or company
As in previous years, the honorees are not ranked. They appear in this issue in alphabetical order. Per editorial policy, award sponsors are not involved in the nomination, submission or judging process to determine this year's honorees.
On July 19, Modern Healthcare and our program sponsors will host a gala dinner in Nashville to honor this year's Top 25 Women in Healthcare. For information and to register, please visit ModernHealthcare.com/Top25WomenGala. Please join us to celebrate their accomplishments.