Officials say they've found another instance of a potentially deadly bacterium inside a Cheverly, Md., hospital that was shut down earlier this month.
Prince George's Hospital Center officials announced Tuesday evening that the presence of the bacteria Pseudomonas was discovered in at least one patient care area outside of the neonatal intensive care unit.
The bacterium was first found Aug. 9 in the water pipes after two newborns died. An infectious disease expert is investigating whether the deaths are linked to Pseudomonas. A number of babies were transferred out of the NICU as a precaution.
Crews worked Wednesday to disinfect the plumbing infrastructure for the entire hospital. It's unclear where the bacteria came from