Full survey results data from 60 of the nation's largest hospital and healthcare systems.
This Excel spreadsheet includes all data collected from systems that responded to Modern Healthcare's 2017 Hospital Systems Survey; This year financial data was not part of the survey and is not included on this spreadsheet. It can be found in one of or premium searchable databases available here. This information is presented in alphabetical order based on company name.
The data points in this product are:
- System name
- Total hospital count, 2016 and 2015
- Total state count
- Ownership type
- Total acute-care hospitals, 2015 and 2014
- Total acute-care hospital staffed beds, 2013 and 2013
- Does your system plan to reduce the number of staffed beds in 2017? (Yes, No)
- If yes, how many?
- Does your company or system employ physicians? (Yes, No)
- If yes to above, How many were employed at year-end Fiscal 2016
- How many were employed at year-end Fiscal 2015?
- Do you own or have a partnership/joint venture with a physician-owned hospital? (Yes, No)
- Do you own or have a partnership/joint venture with a physician group practice? (Yes, No)
- Did you purchase or form a partnership/joint venture with either a physician-owned hospital or physician group practice in 2015? (Yes, No)
- If you purchased physician practices or employed more physicians in 2016, how did it affect your financial performance?
- Are you currently part of an accountable care organization? (Yes, No)
- If yes, please select the organization(s) that you contract with as an ACO.
- If you are part of an ACO, does your ACO include post-acute providers or does it plan to include a post-acute provider in the near future? (Yes, No)
- If you're not currently part of an ACO, why have you chosen not to participate in or start one?
- What percentage of the systemâs net patient revenue was generated as part of risk-based contracts in 2015?
- What percentage is expected in 2017?
- Did the system achieve a surplus or loss on that risk-based volume in 2015?
- Did your system own all or part of an insurance company in 2016? (Yes, No)
- If yes, how many covered lives did your insurance arm manage in 2016?
- Did your system own all or part of an insurance company in 2015? (Yes, No)
- If yes, how many covered lives did your insurance arm manage in 2015?
- If your system did not own all or part of an insurance company in 2016, is it planning to acquire one in 2017 or 2018? (Yes, No)
Source: Modern Healthcare's 40th annual Hospital Systems Survey. Published June 20, 2017.