Christus Health will acquire Hopkins County Hospital District, a system that comprises one hospital and several clinics based in Sulphur Springs, Texas.
Under terms of the deal, Irving-based Christus will own a 51% stake in Hopkins. Christus declined to disclose the value of its investment. Hopkins will own the remaining 49%.
The venture will be lead by a new organization called Christus Hopkins Health Alliance with board members from both Christus and Hopkins.
Hopkins County Memorial Hospital, a 96-bed facility, will change its name to Christus Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs when the deal closes. The names of Hopkins' nine clinics will change to Christus Trinity Clinic-Sulphur Springs.
The changes should take effect by July 1.
“We decided if we were going to survive and prosper in this new healthcare era, we must merge with a larger organization,” said Joe Bob Burgin, a Hopkins board member in a news release.
The deal extends Christus' reach into northern Texas. The Catholic health system has more than 50 hospitals and operates in six states.
Christus most recently acquired Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics, a three-hospital system based in Tyler, Texas.
The health system reported $3.58 billion in revenue in 2015.