This report series covers trending and analysis of U.S. mergers and acquisitions among providers, payers, vendors and pharma/life sciences sectors of the healthcare industry. The Q3 2015 report covers July, August and September 2015 disclosed deal information by sector and region. Published Oct. 17, 2015.
This 15-page report features more than 20 data charts along with the invaluable insight that you will take away:
- Understand the M&A landscape and implications to consider
- See trends and impact of deal activity among the different sectors in healthcare
- Strategies for your organization's next deal
- Identify target markets where the most deals are happening
Q3 2015 highlights include:
- The total value of pending and concluded mergers and acquisitions in Q3 fell 10% to $158.7 billion from $176.4 billion in Q2 2015, but was still up from $97.9 billion in Q1 2015.
- Three of the top five deals in Q2 2015 involved Pharma, biotech and life sciences firms. The biggest: Tevaâs $40.5 billion acquisition of Allergan, which was also the largest deal overall.
- Aetnaâs blockbuster $37 billion acquisition of Humana was over five times greater than the other disclosed Insurers deals combined.
- Deal volume rose, with 328 deals in Q3 2015 compared with 314 deals in Q2 2015 and 294 deals in Q1 2015.
This Modern Healthcare Data Center product is free to Premium Web subscribers or can be purchased for $59. To become a Premium Web subscriber, visit our
subscription page at modernhealthcare.com/subscriptions.