To select Modern Healthcare's sixth biennial list of the Top 25 Women in Healthcare, sponsored by Furst Group, the magazine issued a call for nominations on Dec. 15, 2014. Through the Feb. 6 deadline, readers submitted nearly 200 nominations. Modern Healthcare accepted nominees from all sectors of the industry, including hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, insurers, government, vendors and suppliers, and trade and professional organizations.
Selecting the Top 25 Women in Healthcare
Read more about the Top 25 Women in Healthcare
An editorial review board comprising the senior editors at Modern Healthcare reviewed this year's nominations and judged the candidates on the following criteria. The nominees must have:
- Successfully served as a leader of or managed an organization or company
- Shown the ability or power to effect change in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated a willingness to share expertise with others in the field
- Served as a role model or mentor to other female healthcare executives
- Assumed a leadership role in the industry outside of the candidate's own organization or company
As in previous years, the honorees are not ranked. They appear in this issue in alphabetical order. Per editorial policy, award sponsors are not involved in the nomination and submission process or the judging process to determine this year's honorees.
On Aug. 20, Modern Healthcare will host its annual Women Leaders in Healthcare Conference in Nashville, followed by the awards dinner honoring this year's Top 25 Women in Healthcare. For information and to register, please visit modernhealthcare.com/top25awardsdinner. Please join us to celebrate their accomplishments.
Send us a letter
Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor, and we may publish it in print.