Health system HCA Holdings claimed the top spot on Modern Healthcare's 2014 largest publicly-traded healthcare providers By the Numbers list. Source: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Published June 2, 2014, p. 30.
- HCA Holdings racked up $34.2 billion in revenue in 2013, a 3.5% increase over 2012
- Health systems accounted for nine of the 20 companies on the list
- Only three of the 20 companies brought in less revenue in 2013 than in 2012; and
- 17 of the 20 companies had a positive profit margin percentage in 2013.
This list includes the following data points:
- Company name
- Revenue 2013, ($ in millions)
- Revenue 2012, ($ in millions)
- 2013 revenue change %
- 2013 profit margin %
- Type of company