The medical device division of Johnson & Johnson, which manufactures a range of healthcare-related products, claimed the top spot on Modern Healthcare's 2014 largest publicly-traded medical device and diagnostic companies By the Numbers list. Source: S&P Capital IQ and Modern Healthcare reporting. Published May 26, 2014, p. 30.
- J&Jâs device division racked up $28.5 billion in total segment revenue in 2013, an 3.9% increase
- Medical devices and diagnostics made up 40% of the company's total corporate revenue in 2013
- Only five other companies on the list had over $10 billion in sales last year; and
- Six of the 25 companies on the list posted revenue increases of 5% or more year over year.
This list includes the following data points:
- Company name
- Total segment revenue 2013($ in millions)
- Total segment revenue 2012 ($ in millions)
- Business segment revenue details