Two major health information technology groups have announced a partnership under which they will work together on research and education and other projects.
The American Health Information Management Association and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives said in a news release (PDF) they will collaborate on a variety of initiatives including:
- Jointly sponsored webinars featuring AHIMA and CHIME subject matter experts on ICD-10 readiness.
- Information governance and technology in rural and critical access hospitals.
- Research on health IT and management issues.
- Joint presentations on identity management and information governance at the upcoming CHIME 13 Fall CIO Forum (Oct. 8-11) in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Joint advocacy on information management and health IT issues.