Computer Sciences Corp., a Falls Church, Va.-based technology services company, has been awarded a five-year contract to run Maryland's Medicaid Management Information System.
Maryland signs $171 million contract with CSC
Scheduled to begin next month, the five-year base contract is valued at $171 million and has two three-year renewal options, bringing the total value to about $279 million, said John Bohns, the Medicaid project manager at the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
“We’re excited to get started with the project. We went through a long procurement process,” Bohns said, adding that CSC will be responsible not only for keeping the Medicaid system up and running, but also for overseeing responsibilities such as provider enrollment and claims processing. Meanwhile, he said states that replace their Medicaid Management Information Systems will be reimbursed by the CMS at 90% for design, development and implementation costs. The state, then, will cover the remaining 10%.
An e-mailed statement from CSC said the company “is pleased that the Maryland Board of Public Works approved our proposal to design, develop and implement the state’s Medicaid Management Information System,” and noted that the five-year term begins March 1, 2012, and ends on Feb. 28, 2017.
Earlier this month, CSC named Mike Lawrie president and CEO.
Send us a letter
Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor, and we may publish it in print.