Nominations for Modern Healthcare's fourth biennial listing of the Top 25 Minority Executives in Healthcare are now closed. Add your name to our notification database you will receive an email when the next call for nominations is open.
Nominees were sought from all sectors of the healthcare industry, including hospitals, health systems, physician organizations, health insurers, vendors and suppliers, trade and professional organizations and patients' rights groups.
For purposes of this awards and honors program, Modern Healthcare uses the U.S. Census Bureau's definition of a minority. The agency considers persons with the following ethnic background to be a minority: African-American or black; Alaska Native; American Indian; Asian; Hispanic or Latino; Native Hawaiian; other Pacific Islander; and multiracial.
A review board consisting of senior editors at Modern Healthcare will select the honorees based on the following five criteria. Has the nominee:
- Successfully served as a leader or managed an organization or company?
- Shown the ability or power to effect change in the healthcare industry?
- Demonstrated a willingness to share expertise with others in the field?
- Served as a role model or mentor to other minority healthcare executives?
- Assumed a leadership position in the industry outside of the candidate's own organization or company?
The submission deadline was January 27, 2012. Recipients will be announced and profiled in the April 9, 2012, issue of Modern Healthcare.