New Hampshire's Health and Human Services Department announced that the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology has approved plans for the state's health information exchange. The ONC's approval clears the way for New Hampshire to receive additional federal health IT funding to help launch the exchange.
N.H. info exchange plans approved
The strategic and operational plans, created by New Hampshire's Office of Health Information Technology, explain how the state will "support and encourage the exchange of secure and reliable health information among stakeholders and regional networks to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of healthcare," according to a news release from the health department.
New Hampshire won a $5.5 million federal grant for the information-exchange project in February 2010, though only 10%—meant to bolster research and planning activities—was delivered at the time. Receipt of the other 90% was contingent upon getting an OK from the ONC to proceed with plans.
Send us a letter
Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor, and we may publish it in print.