A Special Feature on U.S. healthcare information technology in 2009. Source: Modern Healthcare / Modern Physician 20th annual Survey of Executive Opinions on Key Information Technology Issues. Published March 1, 2010.
Presented in aggregate, this analysis of healthcare IT is based on executive's opinions in response to the Modern Healthcare / Modern Physician Survey of Executive Opinions on Key Information Technology Issues conducted online from Nov. 23, 2009 through Jan. 15, 2010.
This eight-page package includes the following data charts that were published in the March 1 issue. Charts included in this package that did not appear in print (web-exclusive charts) have asterisks (**) next to them:
- Top 10 IT system priorities during the next 24 months
- Percentage of capital budget spent on IT assets
- Percentage of organizations' total operating budget allocated for information systems**
- Primary business rationale for IT use in healthcare today**
- What's hot in IT**
- How Meaningful: Organizations ability to meet the meaningful use criteria under the federal stimulus law
- Status check for IT projects
- Weighing Privacy: How the federal stimulus law's privacy provisions impact organizations**