HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius named seven healthcare professionals to the National Advisory Council of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
The council offers guidance and recommendations for AHRQ's research agenda and is made up of 21 private-sector representatives and seven members from other federal health agencies. The new members are:
- Nancy Donaldson, director of the Center for Research and Innovation in Patient Care at the School of Nursing, University of California at San Francisco.
- Arthur Garson Jr., a physician who is executive vice president and provost at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
- Junius Gonzales, a physician who is dean of the College of Behavioral & Community Sciences, University of South Florida at Tampa.
- Lisa Latts, a Denver physician who is vice president of programs in clinical excellence at WellPoint.
- Keith Mueller, director of the Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis and Nebraska Center for Rural Health Research, both in Omaha.
- Xavier Sevilla, chief of pediatrics for Manatee County Rural Health Services, Parrish, Fla.
- Bruce Siegel, a physician who is director of the Center for Health Care Quality at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, Washington.