This is the final week to send nominations for Modern Healthcare's 17th annual Spirit of Excellence awards. The awards, co-sponsored by Sodexo Health Care Services, honor organizations and individuals who go beyond what's expected in serving their patients and communities. Submissions are due by Friday, Oct. 9.
Five awards are given as part of the program:
- Service Spirit Award, which recognizes excellence in service and in patient and resident satisfaction.
- Quality Spirit Award, which recognizes quality, safety and performance improvement.
- Community Spirit Award, which recognizes community education, support and outreach.
- Team Spirit Award, which recognizes employee recruitment and retention.
- CARES Spirit Award, which recognizes a team or group of individuals whose collective actions, attitudes and behaviors personify compassion, accountability, respect, enthusiasm and service.
Modern Healthcare, with the assistance of an outside panel of judges, will recognize winners and honorable mentions in each of the five categories. Per editorial policy, award sponsors are not involved in the judging or determination of award recipients. Each of the five winners will receive a cash prize of $5,000, and each of the five honorable mentions will receive a $1,500 cash prize, courtesy of Sodexo.
The nomination form can be found in the Awards and Honors section on our Web site, ModernHealthcare.com.
All awardees will be contacted prior to the Dec. 14 issue of Modern Healthcare, which will announce and profile all 10 of the recipients in a special section of the magazine.
For more information, please contact Editor David Burda at 312-649-5439 or [email protected]