Eight winners have been chosen for the 2009 Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems Awards, recognizing accomplishments advancing the application of information systems and computer technology to the practice of medicine.
The winners include five individual physicians, two organizations and one team. They are:
- Michael Dominguez, medical informatics officer, 381-bed University Health System, San Antonio
- Fallon Clinic, Worcester, Mass.
- Cynthia Herzog, associate director of family medicine, MemorialCare Medical Centers, Orange County, Calif.
- Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
- Steve Margolis, chief medical informatics officer, Orlando (Fla.) Health
- Jon Morris, medical informatics officer, WellStar Health System, Marietta, Ga.
- Matt Sprunger, medical director of clinical informatics, 122-bed Dupont Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Interoperability team, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
The recipients will be honored at AMDIS 18th annual Physician-Computer Connection Symposium July 14-17 in Ojai, Calif. They also will be profiled in both the July 13 issue of Modern Healthcare and Modern Physician.