A Special Feature on U.S. healthcare information technology in 2008. Source: Modern Healthcare/Modern Physician 19th annual Survey of Executive Opinions on Key Information Technology Issues. Published April 6, 2009.
Presented in aggregate, this analysis of healthcare IT is based on executive's opinions in response to the Modern Healthcare/Modern Physician Survey of Executive Opinions on Key Information Technology Issues conducted online from Jan. 5 through Feb. 27, 2009.
This nine-page package includes the following data charts that were published in the April 6 issue. Charts included in this package that did not appear in print (web-exclusive charts) have asterisks (**) next to them:
- Percentage of organization's total operating budget allocated for information systems
- Percentage of capital budget spent on IT assets
- What's hot in IT ...
- ... And what's not so hot in IT
- Saying yes to IT stimulus
- Plans for computerized physician order-entry systems**
- Top 10 IT system priorities during the next 24 months**
- Primary business rationale for IT use in healthcare today / Top 10 ways the Internet is used**
- How can the web and related technologies help restructure the hospital-physician relationship?**
Click here to view Let the spending begin..., It might be a slow start, Health 2.0 on the back burner and The next big things in healthcare IT, the stories these charts accompanied. (Registration required)