Presented in aggregate, this analysis of healthcare IT is based on executive's opinions in response to the Modern Healthcare/Modern Physician Survey of Executive Opinions on Key Information Technology Issues conducted online from Jan. 5 through Feb. 27, 2009.
This nine-page package includes the following data charts that were published in the April 6 issue. Charts included in this package that did not appear in print (web-exclusive charts) have asterisks (**) next to them:
- Percentage of organization's total operating budget allocated for information systems
- Percentage of capital budget spent on IT assets
- What's hot in IT ...
- ... And what's not so hot in IT
- Saying yes to IT stimulus
- Plans for computerized physician order-entry systems**
- Top 10 IT system priorities during the next 24 months**
- Primary business rationale for IT use in healthcare today / Top 10 ways the Internet is used**
- How can the web and related technologies help restructure the hospital-physician relationship?**
Click here to view Let the spending begin..., It might be a slow start, Health 2.0 on the back burner and The next big things in healthcare IT, the stories these charts accompanied. (Registration required)