The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology last week announced that co-chairs and members of its 2007-08 all-volunteer work groups and expert panels have been selected and are scheduled to begin work next month.
The 161 work group and expert panel members are all volunteers. They are scheduled for their first face-to-face meeting July 10 in Chicago. The chairpersons of the work groups and expert panels are as follows:
Ambulatory EHR work group:
- Steven Lane, EHR ambulatory physician director, Sutter Health.
- Eric Rose, EHR product manager, McKesson Provider Technologies.
- Steven Waldren, director, Center for Health IT, American Academy of Family Physicians.
Cardiovascular expert panel:
- Robert Baumgartner, senior product manager for cardiology, McKesson Corp.
- Edward Stern, senior informatics project lead, American College of Cardiology.
Child health expert panel:
- Joy Kuhl, director of technology, Alliance for Pediatric Quality.
- Eugenia Marcus, president, Pediatric Health Care at Newton-Wellesley.
EHR Foundation Work Group:
- Kathleen Scanlon, R.N.
- David Tao, senior key expert, Siemens Health Services.
Emergency Department EHR Work Group:
- James Hollingsworth, emergency department EHR coordinator, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia.
- Donald Kamens, standards adviser, founder, Consultant XPress Technologies.
Inpatient EHR Work Group:
- Mark Del Beccaro, pediatrician-in-chief, chief medical information officer, Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center, University of Washington.
- Cindy Spurr, corporate director, clinical systems management, Partners HealthCare System, Boston.
Interoperability expert panel:
- Malcolm Costello, senior vice president of marketing, Kryptiq Corp.
- Alan Zuckerman, primary-care informatics program director, Georgetown University School of Medicine.
Network Work Group:
- John Blair, president and chief executive officer, Taconic IPA.
- Michael Kappel, senior vice president of government strategy and relations, McKesson Corp.
Privacy and compliance expert panel:
- Cassi Birnbaum, director of health information and privacy officer, Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego.
- Charles Parker, Vice president and chief technology officer, Masspro (a quality improvement organization for Massachusetts).
Security expert panel:
- Rick Brady, president and chief technology officer, BSTI.
- Edward Coyne, consultant, Veterans Health Administration.
What do you think? Write us with your comments at [email protected]. Please include your name, title and hometown.