Gambro Holding AB has signed an agreement to sell dialysis clinic services provider Gambro Healthcare to Bridgepoint, a London-based private-equity firm. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. Gambro Holding is jointly owned by Swedish companies Investor AB, which holds a 49% stake, and EQT, which owns the remaining 51%.
The sale is part of the value creation plan that has been implemented since Investor and EQT acquired Gambro in June 2006, the two companies said in a joint news release. Gambro Healthcare operates 155 clinics in 14 countries. The deal is subject to approval, and Investor and EQT said the financial impact of the divestment will be included in Investors second quarter report on July 11, provided the transaction is completed before that time. -- by Jessica Zigmond