American Medical Group Association
* The Alexandria, Va.-based trade group's Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey was conducted in December 2004 in partnership with the Minneapolis-based accounting and consulting firm RSM McGladrey. The survey includes salary and productivity data from 32,000 member physicians in 172 specialties. The survey costs $195 for AMGA members and $395 for nonmembers. For more information, call Brad Vaudrey at 612-376-9530. Data submitted by the AMGA for Modern Healthcare's Physician Compensation Survey are preliminary and subject to change.
* In April 2005, CareerStaff Unlimited, a wholly owned staffing subsidiary of Sun Healthcare Group, acquired the operations of Goddard Healthcare Consulting. During spring 2005, the Irving, Texas-based company compiled salaries for 3,000 physicians in 25 specialties employed by 1,000 healthcare organizations such as hospitals, group practices and managed-care or insurance plans. The survey is free and can be obtained by contacting Neina Bellm at 417-625-1300.
* The St. Louis-based executive recruiting firm has provided services exclusively to the healthcare industry for more than 20 years. Data reported were compiled from Cejka's proprietary database from January to December 2004 and salaries were calculated based on placements made by the company. The compensation includes salaries, bonuses and estimated benefits for 190 physicians in 15 specialties. For more information or to purchase the survey, contact Leslie Robertson at 314-726-1603.
Delta Medical Consulting
* The Irving, Texas-based physician-staffing firm's survey was conducted from May 2004 through May 2005 and is based on the surveys of 257 physician positions in 14 specialties at 112 organizations, including hospitals (25% of the sample), group practices (48%), solo practices (17%) and academic settings (10%). For more information on this year's survey, call Jamie Watson at 800-521-5060, ext. 209.
* The Philadelphia-based consulting firm surveyed 98 organizations in May 2004. Included in the survey are salaries for 112 physician specialties, such as 37 pediatric specialties and 28 allied health positions. For more information or to purchase the survey, contact Dilek Karabucak at 215-861-2419.
Hospital & Healthcare Compensation Service
* The Oakland, N.J.-based consulting firm's survey of employed physicians is published each March. This year's survey, conducted in January, includes 273 organizations and more than 17,650 physicians in 44 specialties. Organizations surveyed were hospitals (88% of the sample), group practices (11%) and managed-care or insurance plans (1%). The report costs $295 plus $10 for shipping and handling. To obtain a copy, call Rosanne Cioffe at 201-405-0075.
Jackson & Harris
* The national, full-service physician-recruitment firm is based in Alpharetta, Ga. It combines individual experience with its exclusive Web recruitment via online job board partnerships. In May, the firm surveyed 25,000 physicians in 14 specialties. Compensation figures include base incentives and/or production within each specialty. For more information call Tim Sheley at 866-284-3328, ext. 5554.
Martin, Fletcher & Associates
* The Irving, Texas-based healthcare staffing firm surveyed 12,800 physicians at 4,300 hospitals (65% of the sample) and group practices (35%). The annual Physician Compensation and Benefits Report was completed in May and includes 14 specialties. For more information about the free report, call Dana Bucher at 972-257-7039.
* The Irving, Texas-based healthcare staffing firm's annual Physician Compensation, Incentives and Benefits Survey reports salaries, guarantees, incentives and benefits offered to physicians. The report was compiled during 2004 and represents data from 4,750 physicians and 1,270 senior-level administrative personnel representing hospitals, group practices and other healthcare organizations. The cost is $250 for healthcare organizations. For more information, please e-mail Jay Savage at [email protected]
Medical Group Management Association
* The Englewood, Colo.-based trade group represents some 240,000 physicians nationwide and conducts an annual compensation survey of member and nonmember practices. This year's report will be published later this summer. Results will be based on salary data for fiscal 2004. The cost of the report is $270 for MGMA members and $480 for nonmembers. To order, call 877-275-6462, ext. 1888. Data submitted by the MGMA for Modern Healthcare's Physician Compensation Survey are preliminary and subject to change based on further validation by the MGMA.
* From June to September 2004, the Dallas-based physician search firm conducted a telephone survey of doctors across the country. The survey focused on 2,392 individual physicians practicing 16 specialties and represents data from 650 organizations including hospitals (64% of the sample) and group practices (36%). For more information, contact Jeff Katon at 888-260-4242, ext. 236.
Merritt, Hawkins & Associates
* The Irving, Texas-based physician consulting and search firm conducted its survey of 724 organizations in April. The compensation figures provided are based on income offers made to recruit 2,687 physicians in 15 specialties. To receive a free copy of this survey, call Tracy Fletcher at 469-524-1400.
* Costa Mesa, Calif.-based Pacific Cos. surveyed 21,100 organizations from March 2004 to March 2005. The organizations represented include hospitals (25% of the sample), group practices (50%) and solo-practice physicians (25%). Data represent
780 physicians in 28 specialties. For more information, call Michael Moore at 800-741-7629.
Pinnacle Health Group
* In 2004, the Atlanta-based physician recruitment firm surveyed 230 physicians practicing 48 specialties. Almost 90% of the hospitals included were looking for physicians on behalf of affiliated group practices, so only 10% of participating hospitals placed physicians in hospital settings. For a copy of the free survey, call Wendy Abdo at 800-492-7771.
Sullivan, Cotter and Associates
* More than 225 organizations took part in the Detroit-based company's survey, including hospitals (66% of the sample) and group practices (33%). The preliminary data represent 23,000 physicians in more than 100 specialties. The cost is $300 for survey participants, $1,200 for nonparticipating healthcare organizations and $2,500 for nonhealthcare providers. For more information, contact Janis D'Anunzio at 313-872-1760.
* The Rockford, Ill.-based company's survey is based on responses from more than 7,000 individual physicians practicing in 32 medical specialties. The participating organizations included hospitals (25% of the sample), group practices (21%), managed-care or insurance plans (15%) and university-based community and ambulatory-care centers (39%). For a copy of the survey, call Barbara Hempy at 815-877-8794.
To order extra copies of this issue, contact customer service at 888-446-1422. For reprints of this article, contact Cathy Fosco at 312-649-5297 or at [email protected]