American Medical Group Association
* The Alexandria, Va.-based trade group's 18th annual Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey was conducted in December 2003 in partnership with the Minneapolis-based accounting and consulting firm RSM McGladrey. The AMGA has revised its compensation survey by adding financial information previously available in the AMGA's Medical Group Financial Operations Survey, as well as data specific to the academic/faculty practice environment. The survey includes salary and productivity data from 30,000 member medical-group physicians in 123 specialties. The survey costs $195 for AMGA members and $395 for nonmembers. For more information call Tom Flattat at 703-838-0033, ext. 328.
Delta Medical Consulting
* The Dallas-based physician staffing firm's 2004 survey was conducted from June 2003 to June 2004 and is based on 90,000 phone surveys for 577 physician positions and specialties at hospitals (70% of the sample), group practices (25%) and other organizations (5%). This year's summary report is derived from total cash compensation offers, including signing bonuses, for newly recruited physicians in positions opened or filled during the survey period. The survey is free. For more information or to order the survey results call Allen Whitt at 800-521-5060.
Goddard Healthcare Consulting
* From January to February 2004, the Dallas-based physician recruitment and consulting company compiled starting salaries for 9,000 physicians in 25 specialties employed by 4,000 healthcare providers including hospitals (70% of the sample), group practices (25%), managed-care insurance plans (2%) and other healthcare organizations (3%). The survey includes in-practice physicians as well as 2004-05 residents who received formal offers but had not yet begun their practice. The survey is free. For more information call Neina Bellm at 877-626-0621.
* The Philadelphia-based consulting firm surveyed 51 organizations in May 2003, reporting compensation for more than 9,000 physicians in 102 specialties. Also included in this year's survey are salaries for 35 pediatric specialties and 38 allied health positions. Organizations surveyed were hospital systems (43%), hospitals (25%), group practices (16%), HMOs (8%) and other organizations (8%). For more information or to purchase the survey results call 800-718-4429.
Hospital & Healthcare Compensation Service
* The Oakland, N.J.-based consulting firm's survey of employed physicians is published each March. This year's 28th annual survey, conducted in January, includes 231 organizations and 14,500 physicians in 43 specialties. Organizations surveyed were hospitals (89% of sample), group practices (11%) and managed-care/insurance plans (less than 1%). For more information or to order the survey, which costs $295, call Diana Kepfinger at 201-405-0075, ext. 196, or visit hhcsinc.com.
Jackson & Harris
* The national, full-service physician recruitment firm is headquartered in Alpharetta, Ga. The company combines extensive individual experience with its exclusive Web recruitment capabilities via online job board partnerships. In March, the firm surveyed 10,430 physicians in 17 specialties with its custom Web survey tool. Compensation figures include base compensation, incentives and/or production within each specialty. For more information call Nicole Quinlan at 866-284-3328, ext. 5722.
* The Irving, Texas-based healthcare staffing firm surveyed chief executive officers, administrators, human resources vice presidents, physicians and practice managers at about 5,800 hospitals (65% of sample), physician practices (30%) and other healthcare organizations (5%). The annual Physician Compensation and Benefits Report was completed in May and lists 16 specialties. The report is free. For more information or to order the study call 972-257-7070.
* The Irving, Texas-based retained healthcare staffing firm's annual Physician Compensation, Incentives and Benefits Survey reports the salaries, guarantees, incentives and benefits offered to physicians on a national basis. The report was compiled during 2003 and represents data for 31 physician specialties. Data were collected from more than 5,800 physicians and 1,650 senior- level administrative personnel representing hospitals (64% of sample) and group practices (36%). The survey is free. For more information call 972-745-9030 or send e-mail to [email protected]
Medical Group Management Association
* The Englewood, Colo.-based trade group represents 237,000 physicians nationwide and conducts an annual compensation survey of member and nonmember practices. This year's report, in its 18th consecutive year, will be published later this summer. Results will be based on salary data for fiscal 2003 from 40,295 physicians in more than 105 specialties. Of the 1,876 organizations surveyed, 478 were hospital-owned practices. The cost of the compensation report is $270 for members and $480 for nonmembers. To order call 877-275-6462, ext. 888. For more information call 303-799-1111, ext. 895. Data submitted by the MGMA for Modern Healthcare's Physician Compensation Survey are preliminary and subject to change based on further validation by the MGMA for its final report, which will be available in August.
Merritt, Hawkins & Associates
* The Irving, Texas-based healthcare staffing firm reported compensation based on 2,594 permanent-physician recruitment assignments in 47 states from April 2003 through March 2004. Data were collected from hospitals (68% of sample), group practices (29%) and other organizations (3%) that were recruiting physicians into a variety of practice settings, including group practices (42%), partnerships (22%), solo practices (20%), hospital practices (11%) and other settings (5%). Compensation figures by specialty include the base financial offer (salary or income guarantee) made to recruit physicians into these practice settings, and do not include signing bonuses or any other bonus or benefit. To order or for more information call Tracy Fletcher at 800-876-0500.
Pinnacle Health Group
* The Atlanta-based physician recruitment firm reported salaries and bonuses for physicians in more than 30 specialties that were permanently placed in 62 medical organizations throughout the U.S. during 2003. Data were compiled from hospitals (73% of sample) and other settings (27%). However, 90% of the hospital respondents were locating physicians on behalf of affiliated group practices and only 10% of these respondents placed physicians in actual hospital settings. The survey is free. For more information contact Wendy Abdo at 800-492-7771 or [email protected]
Sullivan, Cotter and Associates
* The Detroit-based human resources consulting firm's preliminary 2004 survey reports physician compensation levels paid by more than 175 organizations. The survey, conducted in March, includes data from hospitals (65% of sample), group practices (32%), managed-care health plans (10%) and other organizations (17%) including integrated delivery systems, practice plans and medical foundations. The total percentage exceeds 100 because of multiple response categories. The survey includes data on staff physicians, education/residency coordinators, division chiefs and department chairs, as well as administrative physicians, medical group executives and residents. The cost of the report ranges from $295 to $950 for healthcare providers based on survey participation. The survey costs $1,800 for those who are not healthcare providers. For more information contact Janis D'Annunzio at 313-872-1760 or [email protected]
* The Rockford, Ill.-based company is the only independently owned and operated survey firm collecting salary and benefit information on employed physicians and capitation rates by specialty. The survey is conducted annually. Participants are asked to report data as of Sept. 1. This year's survey includes 200 participating organizations representing more than 6,000 physicians in 32 specialties. Organizations surveyed were hospitals (15% of sample), group practices (25%), health plans (20%), university-based healthcare facilities (15%), community health centers (20%) and ambulatory-care centers (5%). Prices range from $295 to $595 for participants depending on the desired format. The cost is $895 for nonparticipants and is available in hard copy format only. For more information call 815-877-8794 or visit demarcowarren.com/brochures.shtml.