This is the debut of a weekly roundup of physician executives on the move that will run each Friday on ModernPhysician.com.
- Daniel Cher, M.D., has been appointed to the new position of medical director of Fremont, Calif.-based Cardima, developer of systems for minimally invasive treatment of atrial fibrillation. Previously, he served as managing scientist at Exponent, headquartered in Menlo Park, Calif.
- Patricia Wetzel, M.D., has been named medical director of Minneapolis-based Chronimed, a distribution company serving the prescription drug needs of people with chronic health conditions. Previously, she served as associate faculty in the medical humanities and ethics department at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio.
- David Kissane, M.D., has been named chairman of the psychiatry and behavioral sciences department at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York. Previously, he was foundation professor of palliative medicine at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He also served as president of the International Psycho-Oncology Society from 2000-2003.
- Kenneth Brin, M.D., has been elected chair-elect of the board of directors of the American Medical Group Assoication, based in Alexandria, Va. Brin is director of cardiology of The Health Hospital at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical center, part of the Geisinger Health System.
- Michael Nochomovitz, M.D., has been elected to the board of directors of the Medical Group Management Association, based in Englewood, Colo. He is president and chief medical officer of University Primary and Specialty Care Practices, University Hospitals Health System, Cleveland.
- Susan Turney, M.D., has been elected executive committee member at-large of the Medical Group Management Association, Englewood, Colo. She is medical director of patient financial services, Marshfield (Wis.) Clinic.
- Arthur Sanders, M.D., of Tucson, Ariz., this week received the Award for Outstanding Contributions in Research from the American College of Emergency Physicians during its annual meeting in Boston. Sanders is an emergency physician and a professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine.
- Alan Umbright, M.D., has received the Physician of the Year Award from the Greater St. Louis Chapter of the Emergency Nurses Association. He is medical director of the emergency department of SSM St. Joseph Health Center in St. Charles, Mo.
Send news of the physician executives on your staff to [email protected].