The American Health Information Management Association today released practice standards for six elements of an electronic health record.
The six standards were distributed on CD-ROM to AHIMA members at the organization's national convention in Chicago.
- The complete medical record in a hybrid electronic health record environment
- Implementing electronic signatures
- E-mail as a provider/patient communication medium
- Electronic document management
- Core data sets for physician practice with an EHR
- Speech recognition in the EHR