- Allan Kornberg, M.D., has been promoted to CEO at Cambridge, Mass.-based Network Health, a Medicaid MCO. Previously, he served as CMO.
- Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, M.D., has been named president and CEO of The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, to succeed Steven Schroeder, M.D., after he retires in December. She is currently senior vice president and director of the healthcare group at RWJF.
- Mark Selna, M.D., has been appointed president and COO of HealthHelp, a Houston-based radiology service management company. He joined HealthHelp from Partners National Health Plans of North Carolina, where he served as senior vice president of medical operations.
- Jennifer Daley, M.D., has been appointed vice president of clinical effectiveness at Santa Barbara, Calif.-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. Daley comes to Tenet from Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners Health Care System in Boston, where she served as director of the Center for Health Systems Design and Evaluation.
- Gregory Morris, M.D., has joined Oak Brook, Ill.-based Advocate Health Care as senior vice president for strategy and business development. Most recently, he was partner and vice president in the healthcare practice of Ernst & Young LLP Consulting/Cap Gemini E&Y, Atlanta.
- David Shulkin, M.D., has been appointed chief quality officer at Philadelphia-based Drexel University College of Medicine and also will serve as the chief medical officer of the Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital, also in Philadelphia. He returns to academic medicine after founding DoctorQuality in 1999 and serving the Conshohoken, Pa., company as chairman and CEO.
- Rene Vega, M.D., has been named vice president of medical services of American Specialty Health in San Diego. Previously, he served as network medical director for Aetna in San Diego.
- Linda Vorvick, M.D., has been promoted to vice president of health services for the northwest markets of PacifiCare Health Systems, headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif. She was previously a medical director for the company.
- Cary Shames, D.O., has been named senior medical director of PacifiCare of Colorado, Englewood, Colo. Previously, he was medical director for Aetna's Englewood office.