- Steve Danosi, M.D., has been appointed vice president of emergency medicine of Premier Health Care Services, based in Dayton, Ohio. He previously served as the organization's regional director.
- Teresa Jones, D.O., has been named regional medical director for IPC-The Hospitalist Co., based in North Hollywood, Calif. She will work with IPC physicians practicing in Phoenix; Tucson, Ariz.; Denver; and Houston. Jones has been with IPC since 1998.
- Patricia Mueller, M.D., has been named regional medical director for Aetna's mid-Atlantic region. Previously, she served as director of the healthcare consulting practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Philadelphia.
- Shimon Slavin, M.D., has been named medical director of immunotherapy at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, based in Arlington Heights, Ill. In this position, he will initiate new protocols for bone marrow transplant for the centers. He is also director of Israel's National Bone Marrow Transplant Center.
- Ben McCallister, M.D., and Mark Shields, M.D., have been named to the board of the Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers, based in Chicago. McCallister is director of cardiovascular research, Mid America Health Institute of St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City, Mo. Shields is executive vice president for academic affairs and CMO of Kaleida Health in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Joan Kolodzik, M.D., has been appointed chairperson of New Century Physicians, the professional corporation of Premier Health Care Services. She is Premier's director of education and is also an attending emergency physician at Upper Valley Medical Center in Troy, Ohio.
- J. Michael Ward, M.D., and Jeffrey Boulter, M.D., have been elected to the board of directors of Premier Health Care Services. Ward is director of emergency services for Highland District Hospital in Hillsboro, Ohio. Boulter practices emergency medicine at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima, Ohio.