- Samuel Daniel, M.D., has been named president and CEO of North General Hospital, New York City. He previously served as medical director and director of the hospital's Department of Medicine.
- Jay Pomerantz, M.D., has been named senior vice president/CMO at Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He previously was vice president of medical management of ViaHealth, Rochester, N.Y.
- Kevin Fickenscher, M.D., has been named CMO of WebMD Corp., Elmwood Park, N.J., and will oversee WebMD's compliance with state and federal laws. He previously was with CareInsite, an e-healthcare company purchased by WebMD last September. Formerly, he served as CMO of Catholic Healthcare West in San Francisco.
- Dennis Smith Jr., M.D., has been named executive vice president of genomic strategies and CMO of Riviera Beach, Fla.-based AmeriPath, a national provider of cancer diagnostics, genomic and related information services. He previously was AmeriPath's senior vice president and medical director.
- Robert Di Benedetto, M.D., has been appointed site director of the OB/GYN residency teaching program run by Seton Hall School of Graduate Medical Education at Columbus Hospital, Newark, N.J. Di Benedetto has been in private practice as an OB/GYN in Roseland, N.J., since 1977.
- K. James Ehlen, M.D., has been named chief of clinical leadership for Humana, Louisville, Ky. He previously was executive leader of the Minneapolis-based Halleland Health Consulting Group.
- Michael Lynch, M.D., has been named medical director of Managed Health Services Insurance Corp., Milwaukee. He previously was the associate medical director, quality improvement and care management for Aurora Health Systems, Milwaukee.
- David Steele, M.D., has been named medical director of e-health for Humana. He previously served as director of healthcare for Waltham, Mass.-based Gomez, which focuses on Internet quality measurement.