- Benjamin Chaska, M.D., has been named chief medical officer and executive vice president of Park Nicollet Health Services in St. Louis Park, Minn. He was chief medical officer of ambulatory care at Oakwood Healthcare System in Dearborn, Mich.
- Geeta Chowdhary, M.D., has been named chief medical officer of the Heritage New York Medical Group, an affiliate of Heritage Medical Systems, in Garden City, N.Y. She was medical director at United Healthcare, Empire Blue Cross and Pinnacle Health Enterprises.
- David Rearick, M.D., has been named chief medical officer of Coalition America in Atlanta, a technology and information provider for the healthcare industry. Rearick was network medical director for AetnaUSHealthcare.
- Stephen Rosenman, M.D., has been named chief of gynecology and co-director of the obstetrics-gynecology residency program at Bridgeport Hospital in New Haven, Conn. He was in private practice in Fairfield, Conn.
- Marschall Runge, M.D., has been named chair of the Department of Medicine at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Runge was a professor of internal medicine and director of the division of cardiology at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- Brahm Segal, M.D., has been appointed director of the division of infectious disease, Department of Medicine at the Buffalo, N.Y.-based Roswell Park Cancer Institute. He also has been appointed to the faculty position of assistant professor of medicine in the divisions of infectious diseases and allergy, immunology and rheumatology at the University of Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Services. He has been a consultant at Roswell Park since 1999.
- Alan Stiles, M.D., has been named chair of the University of North Carolina Health Care's Department of Pediatrics. Stiles, a professor of pediatrics at the UNC School of Medicine, also was named the Katherine M. Brewer distinguished chair of pediatrics. He will serve as physician-in-chief for the North Carolina Children's Hospital in Chapel Hill.
- John Vogt, M.D., has been named assistant medical director of patient care at Martin's Point Health Care in Portland, Maine. He was a physician with The Medical Group of Texas in Dallas.
- Steven Zatz, M.D., has been named executive vice president, Internet portals and application services group for WebMD Corp. in Atlanta. He was senior vice president, product development and engineering for CareInsite.