- Peter Slavin, M.D., has been named CEO and chair of the Massachusetts General Physicians Organization in Boston. He was president of Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
- Terry Hammons, M.D., has been named senior vice president for research and education for Medical Group Management Association in Englewood, Colo. He was assistant vice president for quality and managed care standards at the American Medical Association in Chicago.
- John McBride, M.D., has been named director of the Robert T. Stone, M.D., Respiratory Center at Children's Hospital Medical Center of Akron and vice chairman of the Department of Pediatrics in Akron, Ohio. He was director of the pediatric pulmonology division at Children's Hospital at Strong in Rochester, N.Y.
- Ronald Platt, M.D., has been named vice president for medical affairs for HIP Health Plan of Florida, based in Hollywood, Fla. He was medical affairs director at HIP Health Plan of New York.
- Randy Hock, M.D., has been named medical director of pediatric hematology and oncology at St. Vincent Children's Center for Cancer & Blood Diseases in Indianapolis. He was an associate professor of pediatrics and attending physician at Riley Hospital for Children.
- Susan Montgomery, M.D., has been named medical director for Community Physicians' Network in Sauk City, Wis. She previously was associate medical director for Mercy Care Insurance Co.
- Edwin Pont, M.D., has been named associate medical director for HIP Health Plan of Florida, based in Hollywood, Fla. He was chief medical officer of Healthplan Southeast, based in Tallahassee, Fla.
- Lawrence Reduto, M.D., has been named executive vice president of medical staff affairs and medical director for St. Francis Hospital in Roslyn, New York. He was a cardiologist at the hospital.
- Claude Nichols, M.D., has been named interim clinical leader of Orthopedics at Fletcher Allen Health Care and interim chair of the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation at the University of Vermont College of Medicine in Burlington, Vt. He was a member of the medical staff at the College of Medicine.