Chief medical officers
- Richard Afable, M.D., was named senior vice president/chief medical officer for Catholic Health East in Newtown Square, Penn. He was president and CEO of Preferred Physician Partners in Cincinnati.
- Allan Korn, M.D., was named senior vice president, clinical affairs/chief medical officer of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in Chicago. He was previously vice president/chief medical officer with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.
- Rick Turner, M.D., was named president and chief medical officer of Mercy Clinics in Des Moines, Iowa. He was previously chairman of the board of directors and chief medical officer.
- Graziano Carlon, M.D., was named medical director of the healthcare solutions division for Keane in Melville, N.Y. Previously, he was an attending physician at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City.
- Richard Hostetter, M.D., was named medical director for oncology services for Cancer Treatment Centers of America at Goshen Health System, Goshen, Ind. He was previously an assistant professor at West Virginia University in Morgantown.
- Robert Pringle, M.D., was named medical director/ vice president for medical affairs for Glens Falls Hospital in Glens Falls, N.Y. He was previously a general surgeon with Adirondack Surgical Associates.
- James Rogers, M.D., was named medical director of cardiovascular surgery for Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc, Mich. He was previously a cardiovascular surgeon at St. John's Regional Health Center in Springfield, Mo.
- Lewis Landsberg, M.D., was named interim dean of the Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago. He was previously chair of the Department of Medicine.
- Donald Leopold, M.D., was named professor and chairman of the University of Nebraska Medical Center Department of Otolaryngology. He was previously chairman of the Department of Otolaryngology at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore.