Chief operating officers
- Adrian Otte, M.D., was named chief operating officer of pharmaceutical services at PhyMatrix, Providence, R.I. He had been a vice president at Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, Del.
- Michael Berman, M.D., was named executive vice president and director at New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York City. He had been Presbyterian's senior vice president and chief medical officer since 1997.
- Michael Eliastam, M.D., was named vice president of business and medical management solutions at the Codman Group, Andover, Mass. He had been associate partner and senior physician in the global health practice at Andersen Consulting's Wellesley, Mass., office.
- John Holbrook, M.D., was named vice president of business development at A-Life Medical, San Diego. He will remain an emergency physician at Mercy Hospital, Springfield, Mass.
- William Pinsky was named executive vice president for academic affairs and chief academic officer at the Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans. He had been vice chairman of the department of pediatrics and associate dean for clinical affairs at Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, and chief quality officer at the Detroit Medical Center.
- Richard Hodach, M.D., was named medical director at Accordant Health Services, Greensboro, N.C. He had been associate medical director at the Regional Parkinson Center, Milwaukee.
- Michael Kuettel, M.D., was named chairman of the department of radiation medicine at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, N.Y. He had been associate professor in the department of radiation medicine and the department of anatomy and cell biology at Georgetown University Hospital, Washington.
- Cynda Johnson, M.D., was named president at the American Board of Family Practice, Lexington, Ky. She is professor and interim chair of the department of family medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City.
- John Polley, M.D., was named professor and chairman of plastic and reconstructive surgery and co-director of the craniofacial center at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago. He had been director of the craniofacial center at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center and associate professor in the departments of surgery, neurosurgery and pediatrics at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.