A distinguished panel of judges selected the 1999 inductees to the Health Care Hall of Fame. The nine people who participated in the deliberations represent a variety of organizations associated with the healthcare industry.
The judges were:
* Thomas W. Chapman, president and chief executive officer, HSC Health System, Washington.
* Richard L. Clarke, president and CEO of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, Westchester, Ill.
* Thomas C. Dolan, president and CEO of the American College of Healthcare Executives, Chicago.
* Charles S. Lauer, publisher of MODERN HEALTHCARE, Chicago, and corporate vice president of its parent company, Crain Communications.
* Gary Mecklenburg, president and CEO of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago.
* Robert O'Leary, chairman and CEO of Premier, San Diego.
* Elaine Ullian, president and CEO of Boston Medical Center.
* Donald C. Wegmiller, president and partner at Management Compensation Group/HealthCare, Minneapolis.
* W. Robert Wright Jr., chairman of the Medical Group Management Association, Englewood, Colo.