Commercial health plans and self-insured employers have attempted a variety of value-based care arrangements, all intended to lower the cost of care and create healthier plan members and employees. But many of these arrangements have failed to produce desired outcomes – instead placing unnecessary operational and financial burden on the providers delivering care.
However, not all value-based care arrangements are created equal. Learn why commercial health plans and employers are pursuing episode-based arrangements with providers, and how one high-performance provider network is foreseeing positive outcomes for patients and their business.
In this webinar, attendees will learn:
- How commercial episodes of care and bundled payment arrangements are structured for optimal performance
- The value that episodes of care programs offer to payers, providers, and patients
- Why one high-performance, Connecticut-based CIN is participating in an employer-sponsored episode-based program
- The connections between quality, financial performance, adoption of episode care methodology, and responsibilities in accepting risk
- Factors that providers, commercial health plans, and self-insured employers should consider when launching episodes of care programs