Welcome to Modern Healthcare's Trustee of the Year awards program. The awards, co-sponsored by executive search firm Witt/Kieffer, honors outstanding trustees for their contributions to healthcare governance. These leaders who serve on the board of directors for organizations from all sectors of the healthcare industry are instrumental in guiding the growth and development of healthcare within their communities and across the country.
The awards program will recognize trustees who have made remarkable achievements in community relations, leadership, ethics, strategy and finance. We will honor four outstanding trustees for their contributions to healthcare governance.
Four trustees will be honored each year within this program:
- A trustee at a large hospital (defined as those with 100 or more beds).
- A trustee at a small hospital (defined as those with fewer than 100 beds).
- A trustee at a not-for-profit healthcare system (defined as a system- or corporate-level board).
- A director at a for-profit healthcare company (defined as either privately owned or publicly traded).
- To nominate, complete the form accessed by the link at the upper right corner of this page
- Once completed you will receive a confirmation email with the rules and deadlines of the program for your records.
- In addition to completing the form, you will be asked to submit:
- Letter detailing how the candidate meets the five criteria listed above
- CV or resume of the nominee
- Photo of the nominee (if possible)
There is no fee to enter.
We accept nominations for this annual awards program continually and will hold a nomination for a period of up to three years, dependent on the nominee still qualifying for the award.
The nomination deadline for 2014 was December 28, 2014.
Deadlines for the 2015 awards will be published in the fourth quarter of 2014. Entries for those awards may be made prior to that announcement as detailed above.
- Winners and nominators will be notified in advance via email prior to the public announcement.
- Non-winners and their nominators will not be notified in advance of the announcement, but will be sent an email when the announcement is made and will be given the opportunity to automatically resubmit their entry if the nominee will still be eligible during the next entry period.
The 2014 honorees were announced and profiled in the February 17 issue of Modern Healthcare.
Currently there is no event scheduled for this program.
David May, editor/features, Modern Healthcare, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-649-5451.
For information on advertising in our Trustee of the Year issue, please contact Ilana Klein, advertising director of Modern Healthcare
, at email@example.com