Q: What is this program about?
A. This program is designed to recognize physicians who have made their mark on the business side of healthcare by introducing successful new products or services to the industry or by successfully leading or managing businesses serving the industry.
Some examples include:
- Physicians who own their own hospitals or ambulatory surgery centers.
- Physicians who own their own managed-care plans.
- Physicians who run healthcare services companies.
- Physicians who market or sell their own electronic medical records.
- Physicians who market or sell their own medical products or devices.
Q: When is the call for entries?
A. Entries for 2012 have closed. To be notified of the next nomination period click here to add your name to our notification database. You will receive an e-mail when the call for nomination period is open.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria?
- Nominee must be a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Nominee must own in whole or in part a current business serving the healthcare industry OR lead or manage a current business serving the healthcare industry.
- Nominee must be able to demonstrate the financial or market success of that business.
Q: When is the deadline?
A. The deadline for 2012 has passed.
Q: Is there a fee to enter/nominate?
A. No fee to enter.